Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:06:31 GMT by
Hello, We have a need to import DDP into the EU. We sell as flash sales (on behalf of our sister site in Europe) we also use IP, as ourselves, as we overhaul goods to send back to the customer, the goods are normally palleted due to weight and size. What would be the best way to be able to ship these goods without the customer paying tax/duty and can we do this retaining the IP ?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:25:38 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi You will need to talk your EU custom clearance agent and ask if you want to pay customs duty on your customer’s behalf. This is a commercial matter between you your customers and your customs agent. If you want to act as an importer in another country you need to comply with their regulations. The EU requires non resident companies to use an indirect customs representative. Depending on the EU country this could potentially be your sister site , but some countries require the representative to be specifically authorised to act in that capacity. As regards IP you need to comply with the conditions of your authorisation. It is only the export from the UK that is important such as having the proof of export and the correct procedure code. How goods are declared in another country at import is not part of the UK IP requirements.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:10:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Donna Kenworthy,
I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 if you have any other issues with your query.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.