Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 13:35:50 GMT by KG
I have been having problems registering with CDS for over 5 weeks, with the deadline fast approaching, maybe writing the problem on here will help. When I initially went to register for CDS with my Gov Gateway account, it showed I was already registered but with my old EORI number. 18 months ago, my old EORI was confirmed as deregistered and I was issued a new VAT registered EORI number tied to my VAT number when I became VAT registered. So I wanted to essentially change my CDS registration to the current EORI. I was told that I needed to de-register CDS and then register again with the new EORI number and confirm that the old EORI was de-registered. For some reason the old EORI number was still showing as valid on the checker: https://www.gov.uk/check-eori-number I asked ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk about the old EORI, they said: 'We can confirm that the EORI xxxxxxxx was ended on our systems , so we are not sure as to why it is still showing as valid on the checker.' 'We have requested your previous EORI to be ended, however are currently facing an issue of some EORI numbers not fully cancelling. This is due to a technical error which is actively being investigated, and we are actively looking for a resolution to the problem at the moment." So this is just a generic response about a HMRC technical issue and they don't seem to know why. Anyway, I managed to deregister CDS from my Gov Gateway via the VAT online services team thinking this would allow me to register for CDS with my current EORI number. Although it did allow me to register again, I got an error at the end of registration saying that: 'the details you gave us are matched to a different EORI number' Then the suggestion is to apply using different details (which I don't have as I only have one set of business details). What I am 99% sure has happened is that my details are still linked to my old EORI number which is preventing me from registering with my current EORI number. The reason being that the EORI team have admitted to the technical issue of old EORIs not fully cancelling, in which case all my details are still linked to it. The EORI team haven't fixed this yet and are supposedly working on it, but all they give me is a generic 'we are working on it' and 'it's a complex issue', etc once a week. as the deadline is fast approaching, I need this sorted now as I won't be able to import and clear my goods. can someone also clarify if CDS is required to clear goods OR can I still clear goods but CDS is more about retrieving statements, etc. HMRC shouldn't be allowed to launch a system that still has technical issues preventing registration. Any ideas on some way I can escalate this further. Email and phone support is pretty much useless so far. Thanks! KG
Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 13:32:34 GMT by umair khalid
Hi there, I am having same issues with CDS account. I have tried almost all available platforms of HMRC but unfortunately no one knows it. Can someone please help
Posted Mon, 12 Sep 2022 09:35:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi

KG ,

You should contact  ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk.

With CDS Mismatch as subject header.

They will then be able to liaise with the appropriate teams to resolve your issue.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 08:45:01 GMT by Cihan Cosar
Hi, I can't register to CDS for a few months. I fill my details correct and I always receive same message as saying "The subscription request for 'company name' is unsuccessful." And there is no reason. And also it says "Application received by HMRC on 'date'." I don't know what is the reason and I can't reach anyone by phone as waited more than 1 hr on the phone for several times. Anyone has faced same issue and knows the solution? I must register before end of September...
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:03:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi umair khalid
Use this link to register for CDS, use your new Government Gateway account, any issues click the,' Is this page not working properly' link and report the issue .
Customs Declaration Service
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:30:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Cihan Cosar
Use this link to register for CDS, use your new Government Gateway account any issues click the,' Is this page not working properly' link and report the issue.
Customs Declaration Service
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:43:19 GMT by KG
Hi, I have already tried all of the above many times. My issue has been with the CDS mismatch team who mail me from ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk for over a month. They say that the issue is complicated but give me no timeline for resolution. Can you advise? KG
Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:15:57 GMT by Wallace123
If anyone else has experienced the same issues, please advise how you managed to do it. I've now spent 14 hours this week alone trying to address incorrect EORI and CDS. If someone from HMRC is reading this, please do provide details of how we can address this issue. Please do not share the eori email address as no one is reading those emails or replying. We have goods coming into the country around the end of Sept and early October and these cds subscription delays are concerning for my business, let alone the mental anguish being caused.
Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:24:40 GMT by Ed R
Hi, We're having similar issues trying to get set up for CDS - I've spent several hours escalating and chasing up on this but to no avail. With the September deadline approaching I'm getting lots of emails from our importers asking us to set them up with the authority to clear import duties, but as it stands I'm unable to do so. I've called HMRC several times asking for an update but I get told to email the ISBC address every time. Any help or HMRC response would be appreciated.
Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 12:27:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi KG
Can you contact ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk,with CDS Mismatch as subject header,asking for progress with this issue.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:32:05 GMT by Wallace123
I have been emailing that email address for over 7 weeks - as I said no one is replying. I am calling eori dept too. I have asked for cancellation via the online form. Is there anyone actually working in the EORI department? There is less than 10 business days to go and this service is totally unacceptable.
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 08:23:00 GMT by Ana Trofino
Hi, I have just joined a business and my main task is to register to CDS and I have been trying for 2 weeks but, I am getting a error "Your Government Gateway account is not linked to this EORI". I do not have another Government Gateway account and I don't want to request a new EORI. I have been calling HMRC for 2 weeks and spoke to more than 10 people in 3 different number and no one is able to help me. Does anyone having this issue? Howe do i know which account is linked to my EORI or how do I link my EORI to my Government Gateway account? Please deadline is approaching and I don't know what to do. Thank you Ana
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:12:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Wallace123,

Please email ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk with "CDS Mismatch" as the subject heading.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:28:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Ed R,

You can subscribe to the Customs Declaration Service below and select the 'get help with this page' link to report any issues

Subscribe to the Customs Declaration Service

If you are unable to migrate you can ask to continue to use Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) from 1 October 2022.

Ask to continue to use Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) from 1 October 2022

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 13:28:38 GMT by Wallace123
Thank you HMRC for replying. I fail to understand how repeatedly emailing the eori email will help - it has not helped for over 8 weeks. I am also aware of CHIEF continuation, my concern is that the issue remains unaddressed, therefore as painful as it is, and it is very painful - 47 hours on this matter to date, excluding the 4 hours I have spent today - I am not an employee of the business, it is my business and there is more than enough to do - its an absolute and utter waste of business time and productivity. As I was saying, the issue remains unresolved, however, I may revert to CHIEF as a last resort. Until then, someone must know how to unregister/unlink/de-enrol a EORI on CDS...
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 17:01:44 GMT by onetwo3d
Hi, I have the same issues registering for CDS. Had an EORI prior to registering for VAT. Now this old EORI seems to be still linked to my tax account and stops me registering for CDS. I phoned and emailed with at least 20 different advisors in HMRC over the last 6 months who can't help and just push me to the next team who can't help either. I raised an official complaint with HMRC which never got answered. I'm not sure what to do anymore... The CHIEF deadline looms. Will HMRC compensate me for losses caused by this mess the produced?
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 11:58:41 GMT by Wallace123
I've completed the form for the extension, and have been granted a 1 month extension to continue using CHIEF - its not the right answer as the issue remains unresolved, but hopefully it will stop any/many import issues. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ask-to-continue-to-use-customs-handling-of-import-and-export-freight-chief-from-1-october-2022
Posted Mon, 26 Sep 2022 12:30:14 GMT by Tracy McQue
KG - having exactly the same problems. I registered for CDS with my EORI number in June. I am now VAT registered and was given a new EORI number, but need this one to be linked to my CDS account rather than my old one. I managed to get one of the HMRC people to remove the EORI number from my CDS account but when I apply again and I add either my National Insurance or UTR it tells me "The details you gave us are matched to a different EORI number" and that "The NI number is already used and can not be matched with GB4141XXXXXX). I've been going round in circles with various departments for weeks - keep either on hold, cut off, switched from one department to another. All I need is to know how my current government gateway / NI / UTR can have the old EORI number removed and the new VAT registered one added. I've tried everything, emails to the EORI and CDS help desk things, no response from any of them. I am due to import a large value of trees from the EU in a few weeks and if I can't get CDS up & running with my correct EORI number I am pretty much done for business wise. I'm glad it's not just me who is having the issue but as we approach the deadline I don't know what to do. It is so frustrating and depressing to not be able to get help with something that is ultimately so simple. I have now called to one department that often that he recognises my voice when I get on the call and i now know all his children's names and what they studying at school :-( I am going to keep an eye on this forum and hope eventually this gets sorted out (if I still have a business to care about at that point).
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:41:26 GMT by Caroline
Somehow we had 2 EORI numbers! The one linked to our Gateway account was not the correct one and, although has now been ended, it is still linked to our Gateway account. We have been asking for this to be removed and the correct one linked, so we can see our CDS account and so update the DD details etc, since July. I have emailed the EORI team, CD enquiries and the Digital Technical Support team, and made numerous long phone calls, but this has yet to be updated. Am at a loss now and guess we will have to ask to continue to use CHIEF, which isn't really the answer!
Posted Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:22:06 GMT by umair khalid
Hi HMRC, These days nothing is working in HMRC, Can you guys plz sort out . I am not ale to create my CDS account. I have contacted every possible email, department and contact but no one knows how to sort out the problem relating to CDS account

You must be signed in to post in this forum.