Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 10 Jun 2022 21:10:00 GMT by Deadwood John
I would like an EORI Number. It seems to be impossible to get through on a telephone line, and the Gov website is no help at all. It asks for a Government Gateway that as far as I know, I do not have. I registered as Self Employed before the Internet arrived. No point in trying to retrieve a Government Gateway account (even if I have one) because in the 23 years I have been online, I have had lots of different e-mail providers and addresses, all which have long since disappeared, and I certainly never registered on my present one, that I have not had for very long!
Posted Thu, 16 Jun 2022 16:53:08 GMT by Customs oldtimer
If you are VAT registered you may find you already have an EORI number as HMRC issued them to VAT registered business in preparation for Brexit - An EORI will be in the format 'GB your VAT no followed by 000' If you still need to apply for an EORI and haven't registered on the government gateway there is an option that you can do this as part of the process HMRC say 'If you do not already have a Government Gateway user ID, you’ll be able to create one when you apply.' If you already have an account but have lost the details or don't have old emails etc there are options for retrieving those details. HMRC seem to be making it compulsory to go through government gateway to apply for anything.
Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:50:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Please could you contact with your query who should be able to assist.
Posted Mon, 05 Sep 2022 14:55:52 GMT by Donovan Sinclair
I am desperately trying to get my current EORI cancelled so i can create a new one which is attached to my VAT number. I have sent several emails and currently have a shipment waiting for customs clearance. Can anyone help me?
Posted Fri, 09 Sep 2022 16:16:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Donovan Sinclair
This action has now been completed and confirmation email issued.
Posted Sun, 11 Sep 2022 13:23:43 GMT by umair khalid
Hi there, I am trying to create CDS account with my current government gateway account but it does not let me because I deenrolled my previous government gateway account which was linked with my EORI number. Now problem is that i dont have previous account details and I dont know how to link my EORI number with my current HMRC government gateway account . Please help
Posted Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:07:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi umair khalid
Use this link to register for CDS, use your new Government Gateway account, any issues click the,' Is this page not working properly' link and report the issue.
Customs Declaration Service
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 18:13:45 GMT by VWReviver johns
I'm a pensioner repairing old watches, sometimes from abroad. Do I have to get this EORI number to continue? I thought OAP's were allowed to have some occasional work with no repercussions. Is it that simple?
Posted Mon, 05 Dec 2022 17:12:33 GMT by Customs oldtimer
An EORI is an importer (and exporter) identification number. It means Economic Operator Registration and Identification. It is used on import and export declarations. If the goods are for personal use then you don’t need an EORI. If you are a business including a sole trader you do. You would still pay any import duty or import VAT due on the import. It therefore has no direct connection with your age or personal tax position. You would need to check this separately.
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 17:31:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi VWReviver johns
I would check this guidance:
Working after State Pension age
Get an EORI number

You must be signed in to post in this forum.