Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Nov 2022 15:35:13 GMT by Classic Eastern Ltd
Multiple tries to subscribe to CDS are unsuccesfull despite checking address details with EORI team or on VAT check page on Gov.uk. Any ideas how to do that properly? HMRC helpline dosn't have any clue what to do - just telling Us to report wrongly working page. Would be helpful for any advice. Thx
Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 09:40:00 GMT by Customs@Chambers
Hi We had a client who had a similar issue and the helpline was clueless about it. In the end, we found they had an extra comma in their address and that's where the issue was. I'd check everything is perfect if still having issues then the HMRC General enquiries line has some lovely people helping businesses out with CDS.
Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 15:39:26 GMT by
Hi Classic Eastern Ltd,

You can use this link to register for CDS, use your Government Gateway account any issues click the "Is this page not working properly" link and report the issue.

This will let the EORI team investigate further:

Customs Declaration Service

Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 07 Nov 2022 16:04:58 GMT by Classic Eastern Ltd
Dear HMRC Admin 25 Do you really think we haven't done it yet? I have done everything that was suggested by HMRC consultants. Still with no effect despite lovely people on helpline. It is not their fault that HMRC introduces new Customs Declaration system that does not even let companies to register. HMRC just gave their consultants some ready solutions that doesn't work.
Posted Tue, 08 Nov 2022 09:47:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hello you will need to speak to the online Help Desk on 0300 200 3600 .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 15 Nov 2022 15:47:36 GMT by Hornsby
Hi, Still not managed to register for CDS, just keeps saying unsuccessful, we have put the information in a number of various different ways and we have double checked the information we have input into the website. Now we are officially stuck, and it seem with no avenue to solve this as every email we get back from the helpdesk is basically check information. This has to be one of the worst experiences of using a government website I have ever had. Can please someone suggest something so we can move forward.
Posted Wed, 16 Nov 2022 08:17:38 GMT by Classic Eastern Ltd
Hi Until now HMRC is unable to find working solution. I have received 3 times same email despite the fact that I 've done what was asked after receiveing the first. This whole CDS is complete mess, problems with registering, HMRC advisors doesn;'t know what to do and cannot help you at all except ''reporting this problem to Technical Team''. Like it would help.... Sorry, I am quite angry, irritated because at the end of the day my company will feel the effects of their incompetency. I was informed to do this: ''Please provide your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) and EORI. Also confirm the EORI you use to make declarations; provide screenshot of your unsuccessful message, a screenshot of the 'check your answers' page and your reason for subscribing to CDS (e.g. Postponed VAT accounting (PVA), Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) etc). Please send this information via email to ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk adding CDS Mismatch in the subject line.'' Eventually you can write to cds.operations@hmrc.gov.uk Maybe they will help you somehow, if it works - please share the solution. Kind Regards
Posted Thu, 17 Nov 2022 13:40:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Hornsby,

You should email ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk with CDS Mismatch as subject header.

They will then be able to liaise with the appropriate teams to resolve your issue.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 17 Nov 2022 13:45:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Classic Eastern Ltd,

You should continue to correspond with the EORI team and supply the information requested via ISBC.eoricontact@hmrc.gov.uk .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.