Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 26 Jan 2022 13:18:46 GMT by MonikaKW
Hi I need copies of old Postponed import VAT statements- particularly March and April. I have used the option "request a statement that’s older than six months" on https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/customs/documents/postponed-vat three times already. I always get a message that it may take around 48 hours to get back to me and then nothing is sent t me. I tried also asking for those by writing to hmrcsupport@tax.service.gov.uk - they asked a bunch of follow up questions, and then went silent. This was in November 2021 and they do not reply to ANY of my messages. I called HMRC was bounced around a few times and then was given another email address- from which I received a quick reply that they are not the department I need to contact. So great half an hour on the phone just to receive a useless email address. So can anyone advise how I can get copies of Postponed import VAT statement s older than six months???
Posted Thu, 27 Jan 2022 13:29:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi MonikaKW,

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible to receive PVA statements which are older than 6 months as the digital statements are only held online for this timeframe.I would always recommend printing off the digital certificates when they come through to you.

The guidance states:

You’ll only be able to access a statement for 6 months from the date it is published, so you must download and keep a copy of each statement in your records

Please see link below:

Get your postponed import VAT statement

If you don't have access to statements over 6 months old then I would recommend using other import evidence to substantiate your figures on the VAT return.
The digital certificates give the accurate figures for the imports and so in the absence of these it would be best to use the most accurate approximations based on the import evidence that you hold.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.