Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Oct 2022 14:18:49 GMT by Janet Fairclough
We have a temporary import that we no longer require and have been told that we need a certificate of destruction. Do you know who we can approach to destroy the goods and provide us with the appropriate certificate? If you can please provide advice and help that would be great.
Posted Thu, 20 Oct 2022 21:36:50 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi You will need to locate a reputable waste disposal company who should be able to provide you with a commercial document to confirm the complete destruction of the goods. Make sure you follow the exact requirements stipulated by HMRC. Check the terms of your Temporary import permit. HMRC cannot provide recommendations of who to approach.
Posted Mon, 24 Oct 2022 11:15:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Janet Fairclough ,

I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 with your query.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.