Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Oct 2021 16:11:32 GMT by azpolic
Good afternoon. Can someone advise what is the best customs procedure to take classic car (1933) from UK to EU to restore it and than take back. Is there any way not to pay VAT and duty on importation back to UK as well as in the country when restoration will take place? Can something like outward processing procedure be used here? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 27 Oct 2021 10:11:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Yes - you can register for Inward/Outward processing though first you would have to register for an EORI number if you do not have one see link:

Get an EORI number     - An application for Inward/Outward  Processing can take up to 30 working days   .

Alternatively you could apply for authorisation by declaration :

Apply to delay or pay less duty on goods you import to process or repair -

However, in this instance the vehicle would have to have restored value of less than £500,000.00.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.