Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Mar 2022 22:54:35 GMT by Rlogan Logan
I have sold several products on a single invoice to a supplier in the EU who is now selling part of this order to another customer outside the EU. They want a legalised commercial invoice and certificate of origin from their local chamber but claim to get this I need to supply them with a commercial invoice and suppliers dec. The problem is they want a commercial invoice that only reflects the items they are selling on and not the entire original invoice. Can Or should I supply a commercial invoice that only reflects those parts they are selling on? Or should I supply one to reflect the original sale. I’m confused.
Posted Tue, 08 Mar 2022 13:50:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

I would advise that the original invoice should be supplied.

References can be made to certain sections of the invoice if required.

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 08 Mar 2022 18:25:02 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi It would be unusual for a customer to be asking for separate invoicing from as supplier for goods that they are selling onwards. What they do with the goods after you have sold them is not your problem so to speak. Obviously you would wish to be helpful to a customer however I would suggest you also need to clarify what type of origin certification they are looking to confirm ie is it for preferential origin purposes ( under our EU-UK trade agreement) or non preferential origin. Confirm also if the supplier is actually requesting an exporters declaration on origin issued for qualifying goods under the EU-UK trade agreement. Suppliers declarations are only used in the context of preferential trade agreements so exporters can support their purchased inputs for further processing. They would not ordinarily be used for cross border trade.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.