Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 14:13:05 GMT by HH Dog Rescue Carl Dawe
Hi I help a UK registered charity saving dogs in Hungary & rehoming them in the UK. We receive charitable donations from a large retailer in the UK, and much of these have been taken to our sanctuary in Hungary to support the efforts there. However we are now being advised that we have to complete EHC documents for each shipment! We usually receive the donations a day or two prior to our transport from Hungary arriving to the UK, so the new requirements will make it almost impossible for us to take the donations to the sanctuary. Is there any exemption or a streamlined service available for registered charities? Many thanks 
Posted Tue, 29 Nov 2022 17:10:50 GMT by Customs oldtimer
I don’t work for HMRC however I’m not sure HMRC can help here. Although an EHC is needed for pet foods it is primarily used on entry to the EU. The question may be better directed to Hungary Customs or the Customs authority wherever you enter the EU.
Posted Thu, 01 Dec 2022 13:37:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
I would check the guidance:
If you need help
or email

You must be signed in to post in this forum.