Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 14 Jul 2022 09:58:11 GMT by Green Car
Hello, we are a business in the UK who has supplied equipment to customers in both northern and southern Ireland. We need to send an engineer to visit these customers sites to maintain and repair their equipment. They will be taking a small van, which the ferry has said we do not need to book on as freight or commercial, just normal passenger. They will be taking a selection of nuts, bolts, fittings, spare parts (thousands of different items) and tools with them. We are unsure about which paperwork will be required. As there are so many items, surely we don't need to raise a document such as movement of goods for each item? We are a small business with little resource, so hoping there is a simple way for us to be able to do this work. Thank you
Posted Tue, 19 Jul 2022 09:57:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please find GOV.UK links which may be useful :

Bringing goods into the UK for personal use  and :

Bringing goods into the UK for personal use   - 

I would advise contacting the Customs and International trade helpline on 0300 322 9434 for any further assistance.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.