Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 18 Jan 2022 16:46:18 GMT by User Ivel
Hello, Import declarations RoRo Dover with RRS01 on header level PRELODGED. The haulier is generating the GVMR and the vehicle is now in UK. My question is: this import declaration in our software is prelodged and the rule is to be arrived manually until the midday of the next day when the vehicle enter in UK. With the new changes (GVMR) I have red that the arrive of the import will be done automatically. Please can you explain a bit how the arrive of the import is done. I could not get any support from the software technicians neither online. Thank you
Posted Tue, 01 Feb 2022 12:15:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

From 1 January 2022 you’ll need to make a full import declaration before your goods board:
  • a vessel or train departing for a location that uses the goods vehicle movement service (GVMS)
  • a vessel departing for a location where pre-lodgement is needed
If the goods are arriving from Northern Ireland or Ireland, you will need to arrive your full import declaration on the system manually by 11:59pm on the day after the day on which the goods arrived.

This means that for imports (except from the island of  Ireland), there will be an automatic arrival in HMRC systems as soon as goods board so that declarations can be processed on route, and  the notification of the risking outcome of declarations (cleared or uncleared) in HMRC systems can be sent to the person in control of the goods by the time they physically arrive so they know where they need to proceed to.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.