Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 16 Sep 2022 08:42:11 GMT by Thomas McGrane
How long in advance of moving to Great Britain from outside the UK should one apply for Transfer of Residence relief? If an application has not been made in advance, or has been made so close to the date of travel that it has not been fully approved in time, can an application be made and approved at the GB port of entry?
Posted Thu, 22 Sep 2022 11:46:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can find guidance here:

Application for transfer of residence relief (ToR1)

You can also contact the imports and exports team for advice.

Imports and exports: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 09:15:12 GMT by Sunil Makim
Hello Thomas The link below will be helpful. If you use a shipping company , they would typically use your TOR01 approval reference for an import declaration at a cost. If you are bringing the goods personally , provide the TOR 01 and go through the red channel at the border , with the paper work listed in the lonk above. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.