Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:42:52 GMT by Ulyana Trafimovich
Hello! I am planning a trip (air flight) and I need to carry 40000 USD with me for personal use and family support. The origin of money is my and my husband's salary. We both are British citizens, we live and work in the UK. Part of the money comes from my bank account, and part from my husband's bank account. We did multiple withdrawals from cash machines in the past and currency exchange at different times (I didn't keep receipts for all of the transactions, only for some of them). I know that I have to declare the money within 3 day period before I travel, but I am unsure which documents will be required for my declaration. I am worried that it may take more than 3 days to prepare all the documents. Will I need bank statements for me and/or for my husband? For how long in the past? Any other documents for proof of our relationship? Work contracts? Anything else? Thanks in advance for your help.
Posted Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:35:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please see the below link to the Website. 

This advises you what is required when declaring online. 

It also gives you the option to make the declaration by telephone : 

Take cash in and out of the UK   .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.