Some foreign authorities are insisting that customers have a PD A1 in place even when the customer is not working there. Some foreign authorities also request PD A1s when the customer is working in the UK but has a place of business, is a company director or is registered as a professional in that country. In these cases please submit a CA8421 and attach a letter explaining why the PD A1 is required.
If not registered in that country but UK only, a CA3821 and CA3822 is required. We need to review all of these circumstances:
- National Insurance Number
- Date of birth
- Most recent UK address
- Address abroad – if applicable
- The type of work you do
- Company name and address – UK and abroad
- Where the contract is held
- How often you work in the UK
- The normal working pattern. Do you normally work in Norway?
You can find further information here
Check which country's social security legislation applies to you (CA8421)
Or contact the National Insurance helpline
National Insurance: general enquiries