Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Aug 2021 19:34:47 GMT by formatc2013
I bought a car around 2018 near London and I drove it Hungary. It's been there since then, and hasn't been exported. I have all the documents for the car and is still has the registration plate on. It's on my name. I'd like to MOT it ASAP, and do not want to sell it for a while. I live in Hungary now. Do I have to pay tax on it if I want to drive it back or take it back on a trailer?
Posted Wed, 11 Aug 2021 10:54:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Please contact the DVLA for advice:

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.