Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 23:32:37 GMT by Plau220
Hello, I was approved to join the NRL scheme in Dec 2021, receive rents without tax from my agent. I now moved to UK and will become a UK resident. My property will continue be rented out, do I need to update HMRC for my resident status change and quit the NRL scheme? In addition, I already have a UTR, do I need to apply a new UTR when I become a UK tax resident?
Posted Thu, 24 Nov 2022 12:22:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Thank you for your question.
As you have now moved to the UK and are a UK resident, I would advise that you contact the Non-Resident Landlord helpine on 0300 322 9433 who will be able to assist you with any required changes regarding the NRL scheme and use of the UTR.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.