Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2022 20:33:44 GMT by Zoe Man
Hi , I have rental income from 5 April 2021 to 4 April 2023. But I arrived UK at 14 May 2021 . And I started a part time job at UK on September 2021 . I submit tax return last year (2020-2021)as non-residents landlord . So I have business account , when I want to add tax to my businesses account , I fill UTR and NI number , it show not match , not allowing me to add on . So my question is 1) which form i have to fill this year SA 102 , 105 ,109? 2) what is different between UTR and NI number ? Can I only use UTR ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 13:47:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you need the SA100, full tax return, SA102, employment page, SA105, income from property and the SA109, residence page.

A National Insurance number is allocated to every UK resident and is linked to tax and benefits.

A UTR is only given to those who need to complete a tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.