Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Jul 2023 00:37:36 GMT by
I need to make a prompted disclosure for short term letting property income for several years including 2021/22, but the HMRC tax interest/penalty calculator only goes as far as tax year 2020/21. Can you please advise? How do I disclose & calculate interest/penalty for unpaid tax for 2021/22?
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:42:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Neil55,

I would advise that if you are already in possession of a Self-Assessment record to submit a Tax Return for any year that criteria has been met in order to disclose the short-term letting property income, using the appropriate SA105 Property supplementary page for the year in question.
You may still submit any Tax Returns from the 2019/2020 tax year onwards online here:
Self Assessment tax returns
with any prior year only submittable as a paper version here:
Self Assessment forms and helpsheets

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:33:42 GMT by
A bit confused. I was prompted to disclose by HMRC. My common law partner has been submitting self assessments for the short term let property income since 14/15, but this appears not to be allowed as I am the owner of the property. I thought as I had been prompted I had to start the digital disclosure procedure using the interest/penalty calculator to work out my offer. (I need to disclose by early September - I was given 90 days to do this).My problem is that the interest/penalty calculator only goes as far as 20/21 and 21/22 is not available. I thought as a prompted disclosure I was going to be subject to a high penalty; how would that work if I submit late self assessments and would they be accepted? I did send two letters to the disclosure team (small businesses) over 2 weeks ago but have not had a reply. Can I phone them? How long would a reply to my letters normally take?
Posted Wed, 19 Jul 2023 10:18:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

You will need to contact the Let Property Campaign team for advice:

Let Property Campaign

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.