Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 24 Mar 2022 14:11:30 GMT by smr33
From 1st of April 2022 I will be losing access to GOV.UK due to the decision to scrap Verify.UK. I’m an EU national with settled status so my only options to verify my ID is my last year's P60 and credit reference option as I don’t have a British passport nor a Northern Ireland driving license. And everytime I insert all the details 100% correctly I get this message ‘The information you gave does not match our records’. 0300 200 3600, 0300 200 3600 numbers are a dead end. Why are these our only options and why are you scrapping Verify.UK? surely there must be other ways to prove your identity. The answer we get 'if the system is not accepting your answers you will not be able to access the online account' is just not helpful at all. I can't even use an online form to file a complaint because I need to verify my ID first (which I can't) this is just ridiculous to say the least. Please introduce other options to prove our ID such as EU passports. If I was able to prove my ID online for my EU status I don't see why HMRC can't do the same. Please fix this
Posted Fri, 22 Apr 2022 12:01:26 GMT by Jan Pawlowski
A friend of mine also stumbled upon this. It's very irritating and I hope it gets fixed soon.
Posted Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:14:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi smr33
If the documents you are using are correct, select ‘get help with this page’ or 'Is this page not working properly' and report the issue with our Digital Customer Support Team (DCST).
Until you can pass this to file a tax return, you will need to contact the Self-Assessment helpline on 0300 200 3310 and tell the helpline,you have already spoken with the online service helpdesk,were advised you cannot use the online service and need support to file a tax return outside the online journey.
Thankyou.
Regards.

Posted Thu, 30 Jun 2022 15:37:45 GMT by Marcin Stasiak
This stupid verifying system is asking for my P60 details, I don't have a p60 for 2021/2022 as I'm unemployed since Nov2021. The only way for me to verify is P60 and I can not access my P60 as I don't have a P60 to verify ! Someone should loose his job for this situation ! It is a joke!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.