Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:55:53 GMT by Gordon Harrison
THREE QUESTIONS ON SEPARATE ISSUES REF MTD: Can someone please explain how I get authorised as an Agents whilst awaiting an exemption of a new client - I can't file the VAT . Why am I being told on the ASA that I have to sign clients up for MTD even though they are Exempt . I can't file the VAT I have been waiting for a reply about MTD Exemption since 11th March 2022. I can't file the VAT as the ASA won't allow this.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:19:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If the client has been mandated to complete MTD returns then at the moment the only possible way to complete the returns via the ASA account would be if the client signs up for MTD.
While the decision is being made to exempt the client from MTD then there won't be an option to complete the return via the ASA account if the client doesn't do this.
I would recommend speaking to our Helpline on 03002003700 so we can track the exemption request.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 16:28:02 GMT by Gordon Harrison
Why should I have to ring the helpline ? Surely a letter should be responded too on time. I have had to wait 12 months for most replies from HMRC of late. The question about a client who is Exempt but can't file as you have said they need to sign up for MTD on the portal even though HMRC have exempted him - HMRC seem to be unable to cope. Ringing your number is just a complete waste of valuable time.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.