Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Apr 2022 16:39:31 GMT by Sam Isaac
I have been submitting a VAT return on my VAT-registered Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) since June 2006. About 3 years ago I attempted to register the SIPP for Making Tax Digital (MTD). However, when I try to register on MTD online, there doesn't appear to be a 'Business Type' category that caters for a SIPP. My SIPP does not have a Unique Tax Reference UTR as it is a pension plan and does not submit a tax return. It does not have a Company Number as it has no Companies House registration. It does have a VAT Registration number and a registration address and postcode and a VAT account. The VAT account shows on my Gateway sign-in as business tax. Despite all of this there is no provision on the online system for enrolling my scheme. I've received a letter from HMRC notifying me that I have to use MTD for accounting from today 1st April 2022 and submit digitally by August 2022 at the latest. Does anyone know how to enroll my scheme so I can do this? Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 04 Apr 2022 14:34:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi.

Can you please contact our Helpline on 03002003700 so that we can see what specific entity you are registered with
on the records.From the entity you are registered as we can then advise the 'Business type' needed to enroll.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.