Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:15:43 GMT by dick stroud
It's over a week since I signed up for MTD and have received no e-mail confirming success so do not have a username or password to use with my spreadsheet software. I have tried signing in again and I am told that I am already registered. What should I do?
Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 07:10:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi.

Please contact our Helpline regarding this on 03002003701 .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 11:46:07 GMT by Nick Constable
I have the same problem. The 'Helpline' voicemail cut me off because everyone is too busy. The voice recognition software actually provided misleading information regarding the requirement to register for MTD (which I think I've done but no word of confirmation from HMRC). Rather disappointed in the service I've received.
Posted Wed, 29 Jun 2022 12:05:44 GMT by dick stroud
I was anticipating a long hold on the line but after six rings the call was answered and my question was resolved by a very good support person. Thanks
Posted Thu, 21 Jul 2022 18:43:25 GMT by Dominika
I had the same problem - no email. But my business is in Canada. Is calling the helpline from overseas really the only option to get that fixed?
Posted Fri, 22 Jul 2022 14:42:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Dominika,

You would need to contact the Helpline so that we can access your account and advise accordingly.

Please see link:  VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:46:49 GMT by Elisabeth Goddard
I've been on hold for nearly half an hour!!!!!!
Posted Fri, 05 Aug 2022 07:29:29 GMT by gene jeffrey
I finally got through and was told we would not get an email. No one is receiving the emails. If you have waited over 72 hours then take it that you are registered and proceed. You do not need another reference number etc.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.