Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Jun 2022 23:10:05 GMT by alper sezer
I'm a non-UK citizen who started to live and work in the UK. When I try to register to HMRC, it is asking me to provide 2 of these: - Driving License (I don't have one issued by UK authorities) - UK Passport (I only have BRP) - Credit reference questions (since I'm new in the country my record may have not existed yet, although I have a bank account and got my first salary. so not sure about it.) Assuming I can go with BRP and credit reference, I choose those two but in the following screens, I'm asked to provide Driving License and UK passport. So I don't have two of them, I only have BRP... How can I solve this and verify my identity on HMRC?
Posted Fri, 01 Jul 2022 14:49:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 28
Hi,

If you are unable to verify with the options available you will not be able to access the online account. There will be some changes to the verification process later this month, which may provide additional ways for you to verify. 

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 15 Jul 2022 10:03:18 GMT by Nikolaos Kyparissas
Hello, I am experiencing the same problem - I even have a credit score but when I choose "credit reference" and "P60", I am then asked to provide either a UK passport or a Driving License (both my passport and my DL are issued by an EU country), I appreciate your answer, I am just submitting my experience as well because I think this is a major issue with which many people are currently dealing. If you have an exact date on which these additional verification ways will become available, it would be very helpful.
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 14:15:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 30
Hi, 

The option that was added was for UK Drivers License, there was not any other methods added.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.