Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 28 Nov 2022 17:13:05 GMT by
Hi, i have been using quickbooks 2002 since its release & as i now i have to have a MTD compliant software & this i dont think is on the list. i have looked at upgrading my software but quickbooks only do subscription software, which my business cannot really afford. i started using the quickfile software only to find after nearly a week adding my customer & suppliers details that it does not do any form of stock control. Could anyone point me in the direction of free software that does any form of stock control. i am only a small sole trader whos business has been decimated with covid & am hanging on by the skin of my teeth. so subscription software is a cost i can ill afford. thank you.
Posted Thu, 19 Jan 2023 16:18:32 GMT by Ray Calladine
Sadly HMRC did not think of that. The simple solution would be for HMRC to reinstate the much simpler and quicker and easier to use browser based system. Currently there are no free systems or in many cases even paid ones that can do this and hence HMRC has single handed made it almost impossible t be a small trader and so damaged about 40% of UK business' Something that could be solved really easily by just making MTD voluntary and reinstating the bowser based fill in the boxes system which worked much much better. How about it HMRC?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.