Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 May 2022 14:43:18 GMT by David Ellis
I live in Spain and urgently need access to my digital personal tax account. I cannot find my password and so cannot get in using my gateway ID. I set up a new one but need to confirm my Identity. I have to choose 2 of three options. 1) UK passport - I have this 2) UK Credit card or Phone contract - As I have lived in Spain for 12 years I do not have either 3) NI Driving licence -- Don't have. What do I do now please????? Thanks in advance
Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 14:42:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If you are unable to Verify with the questions being provided you will not be able to access the online account.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 16:40:22 GMT by David Ellis
Thanks for that but I was told by HMRC that I could and I used to be able to. I am using this forum because the support number does not get answered. Are you saying that unless you have a UK credit card or phone contract or NI driving licence you cannot access your UK personal tax account? that cannot be correct.
Posted Fri, 06 May 2022 08:15:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

The only process for accessing the account is by going through the verification process for Government Gateway,

If you have been unable to pass verification with the questions provided, you will not be able to access the account.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.