Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Feb 2022 11:12:21 GMT by james pearce
I have been trying to sign up for Making Tax Digital for VAT for a week now. Every time I reach the 'What is your VAT number?' step and correctly enter my VAT number (https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/vat-through-software/sign-up/vat-number), the next page always shows 'Sorry, we’re experiencing technical difficulties (...) Please try again in a few minutes'. This has happened every day for 6 consecutive days. I couldn't find any reported outages with this part of the service, and completing the 'Is this page not working properly' form has yielded no response.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 09:23:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi.

Apologies you are having this issue.

Please could you report this to our Digital Team for them to look at.

If you go down towards the bottom right of the page on gov.uk there is a link to 'report a problem with this page'
Thge Digital Team will then come to you with a response after 48 hours.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 10:37:30 GMT by james pearce
Hi, Day 7 now and it appears to have miraculously worked. The only thing I can pinpoint to have done differently was not to have been signed in to government gateway at the start of the 'Sign up for MTD' process, but to sign in later on during the process. As I previously mentioned, I already completed the 'report a problem with this page' form (more than 48 hours ago), but did not receive any response.
Posted Tue, 08 Feb 2022 11:05:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 17
Hi.

I am glad you have resolved the issue.if you have any further issues then please come back to us.

Thank yiou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.