Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 May 2023 15:38:48 GMT by
Also HMRC team, in addendum to my previous post, I'm waiting on an updated 'State Pension forecast' due to a discrepancy. This is why I haven't yet paid my voluntary NI payments using my 18 digit reference number. Do you know how long it takes for the state pension forecast to be updated? Kind regards
Posted Wed, 10 May 2023 22:46:40 GMT by
Hi there, I have accidentally used an incorrect 18-digit reference number to pay my voluntary class 3 National Insurance contributions. How can I get this rectified? Appreciate your help.
Posted Fri, 12 May 2023 07:38:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Waiwai c,

The 18 digit reference number is issued specifically for that payment.  
As the payment wasn’t made, you can still use the same reference number to make the payment another way.

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 13 May 2023 15:31:52 GMT by
Hello HMRC Admin 20, Thank you for your reply. Your advice is very helpful and appreciated. Save me a lot of time to make call to the helpline again. Kind regards.
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 10:18:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi mrmajika,

The state pension forecast is issued by DWP, unfortunately we cannot advise on their timescales.  
You should contact DWP on 0800 731 0175 for further advice.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 May 2023 11:15:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Surani,

You will have to contact us via telephone or by writing in – give us the information you used when making the payment (bank account, amount, reference etc) and our staff will begin the process of tracing the payment in our banking system.
Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.