Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 10:21:59 GMT by S Dupree
My ex employer has put the incorrect date on my p45 they said they would change this but before they do I need to confirm that I have destroyed my old p45. They then said they will change it once I confirm I have destroyed my p45 . Online it says never to destroy a p45
Posted Tue, 13 Jun 2023 14:50:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You should keep the P45 until they have given you a replacement.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 19:45:48 GMT by TKF
Hi , I worked for a company for 1 week. They never sent me any P45 or anything. Anyway came to end of year and they informed HMRC so I thought that employment ended in February’23. Anyway, 7 months later they have sent my name on a blank info on their payroll which has apparently restarted it with HMRC . So I have contacted HMRC which says they can’t close it off and although they have closed my employment is says I’m employed until April ‘24!!! I just lost for words as what to do as I worked there a week and my records indicate I was there over a year
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 19:47:25 GMT by TKF
Hi , I worked for a company for 1 week. They never sent me any P45 or anything. Anyway came to end of year and they informed HMRC so I thought that employment ended in February’23. Anyway, 7 months later they have sent my name on a blank info on their payroll which has apparently restarted it with HMRC . So I have contacted HMRC which says they can’t close it off and although they have closed my employment is says I’m employed until April ‘24!!! I just lost for words as what to do as I worked there a week and my records indicate I was there over a year
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:02:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi TKF,

May I ask that you to contact our Tax Helpline on 0300 200 3300 and they will be able to help you correct your employment status.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.