Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 Sep 2024 11:00:17 GMT by Philip MOISEY
Hello. I live and work in France since 2004. I worked in the UK from 1982 until 2004. My employer in France, and the pension authority, wants a record of my UK NI contributions. Can someone tell me how I apply to the UK authorities for this documentation please. I can only find reference to a PDU1 form, which requires details of leaving employment, for unemployment benefits. This is not my case, I am not unemloyed, I am still working, but I need NI contribution history while in UK. Can anyone help me please?
Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 09:50:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Philip,
The form you need to complete to request a statement of your UK National Insurance contributions (NICs) records is a CA3916 - Get a PDU1 certificate or a National Insurance contributions statement - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) This form is also used to apply for a U1 certificate, however to apply for a statement of your NICs, you would choose the option to say that you are asking for a ‘statement of NICs for your information only’.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 11:45:06 GMT by Philip MOISEY
Thank you for your reply. I have made this request, Is the request responded to by Email? I have tried a number of requests on different parts of the govt site. I received a message to say that they could not respond as I am not yet close enough to retirement (but the French authorities are already asking for this information). Unfortunately, as the email I received has no history attached to it, I have no idea which enquiry they are replying to.
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 08:47:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Philip,
Your request will be replied to by post.
The email you have received will not be a response to the CA3916 application that you have completed. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.