Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 14:29:24 GMT by Brian Courtney
Hello, On my Government account I see that I'm eligible to make up 12 missing years of NI contributions. From 2006-2018. I reached state pension age in 2018 and have only 8 qualifying years prior to leaving the UK in 1979. So until I pay to add years I do not yet qualify for any state pension. I plan on paying all 12 missing years. I've retired and moved to the UK in 2023 and plan to continue living here. On my account I'm quoted at Class 3 rate for the 12 missing years I wasn't sure if I could make up those years at Class 2 rate (as I was self employed in USA for all of those 12 years) as I was no longer living abroad and had passed state pension age. I sent a CF83 and cover letter in November last year seeking some clarification on this but have had no response. On my HMRC account it shows receipt of a form in November last year but not which form or any progress. Wondering if there is any way I can check on the status of that enquiry. Not sure who to call or how to follow up on this.
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2024 08:36:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Brian,
Looking at the timescales for the area I think will deal with you application, this should have been done by now.
Can I suggest you contact the NI helpline on 0300 200 3500. Lines are open 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.  
They will be able to check we have your application and when it should be dealt with.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.