Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 24 Apr 2022 14:42:23 GMT by Mike Smith
I downloaded the last Basic PAYE Tools for Mac and installed it. Not only hasn't it installed properly it has corrupted the existing installation and I cannot get it to open at all. I therefore can't calculate my staff's salaries, tax and NI for this month. I've had to uninstall the original version I had, then download and perform a clean install of the 2022-23 version, but this hasn't worked eitiher. When I try and open the software it just hangs, with the message that the program isn't responding. Can someone please sort this out in a hurry, or at least confirm I won't be penalised for failing to provide RTI on time?
Posted Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:10:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

You can find the minimum computer specification Basic PAYE Tools (BPT) has been tested on here:

Download HMRC's Basic PAYE Tools

This is not necessarily the minimum specification that BPT will run on, however running BPT on a computer below this specification may cause issues with the software in which case we may not be able to help.

From April 2022, BPT will no longer operate in a 32-bit environment and if employers wish to continue using BPT they will need to ensure their computer and operating system software can run 64-bit applications. More information can be found in the 'What's new' section of BPT.

We no longer support BPT for users of Windows XP and Vista.

We no longer support BPT for users of earlier Mac operating systems (such as OSX). Any users trying to open BPT on MAC OSX will likely receive a rti Error and the software will not open.

If you cannot open BPT on yourApple Mac computer and you receive no errors, please try the following steps:
  • select the Apple logo in the top left-hand corner of the screen
  • select 'Restart'
  • untick 'Reopen Windows When Logging Back In'
  • select 'Restart'
  • once the Apple Mac has restarted try opening BPT from the desktop shortcut/alias
  • try and open BPT
If this fails, you can contact us to escalate your case for further investigation.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.