Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 13 May 2022 10:46:37 GMT by AliA53
I am a Spanish national who is resident in Spain. I have signed a contract with a UK employer that will start in August 2022. I will be working entirely remotely in Spain. The employer and their payroll agency have said I need to contact HMRC to obtain an NT PAYE Code and to do it now so that I am correctly set up in their systems so no tax or NIC s deducted from my wages. How do I do that - is there a special form or do I send a letter? I don't have any UK references with the Revenue and do not have a UK national insurance number. Is this something they should be doing rather than me?
Posted Mon, 16 May 2022 12:54:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
For tax you should call Personal Tax on 0300200300 and for NIC 03002003500 or your employer should call the Employer Helpline on 03002003200 for guidance on this.
The CWG2 section 4.6 provides more information for employers:

You must be signed in to post in this forum.