Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Mar 2022 11:46:39 GMT by Halfhidden
Hi I need a little advice. Recently our company sold. At the time of the sale it seems that an employee was sent a tax refund and this likely happened mid month. The employee did not get the tax rebate from us as we didn't have those instructions in time of the sale. The new director hasn't picked up on payroll yet despite our accountant asking for permission to forward on details to them. This employee chose to come across to the new company but as it is only formed a couple of weeks ago, payroll hasn't fully been set up yet. It turns out that the employee who is awaiting his tax return is on Universal Credits, and according to them, he has had the refund (which he hasn't) As I have nothing to do with the old company and the new company are slow at responding, how should the employee claim his unclaimed tax refund?
Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 13:58:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10

He may be best contacting our team so that we can see what is held on record and what further information we need to review the refund.

Please ask your employee to contact us here:

Self Assessment: general enquiries


Posted Wed, 02 Mar 2022 14:37:01 GMT by Halfhidden
Thanks for the reply. I will ask the employee to contact you. To add to the difficulties in dealing with this situation, he has resigned and will join a new employment at the end of this week. None the less, I will pass this on to him in the hope that he can sort out his tax rebate.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.