Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 03 Feb 2023 11:24:31 GMT by Kay Parkin
I have a member of staff who is on extended unpaid leave at the moment, we aren’t sure if he will come back or not so have left him on the books for now. As he was the only employee that earned enough to pay Tax and NI we are now in a position where he is receiving a tax refund each week and therefore the PAYE account is in credit (if you see what I mean! Probably not used the right terms). Do I have to make a claim to get this back from HMRC? If he doesn't return the credit is likely to just keep building.
Posted Tue, 07 Feb 2023 14:15:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can claim a refund for the credit in your account by contacting our Employers team.

Employers: general enquiries

You can apply for advanced funding from HMRC for future refunds, if you do not have any liabilities to cover the refund.

Apply for financial help for an employee tax refund

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.