Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 25 May 2022 15:14:51 GMT by Denise Seager
Electric Company Car I am trying to complete a P11D using HMRC PAYE system. The user of the car has made no contribution towards the purchase of the vehicle. They pay for the charging of the vehicle. I have not put an amount in for - amount paid for private use or - cash equivalent or relevant amount of this car - Cash equivalent or amount foregone in respect of fuel for this car (optional) But it is asking for a date free fuel was withdrawn? I know I must be doing something stupid, but I can't see it! Help! Many thanks, Denise
Posted Tue, 31 May 2022 08:50:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

It would be difficult to explain this on this forum.

Please call the Employers helpline on 0300 200 3200 and we will be happy to help  .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 09:10:35 GMT by Claire Ellis
Hi - I am also struggling to submit a P11D return for an Electric Vehicle for 21/222. I have entered the key letter A for other and a 0 CO2 emissions figure but the benefit is showing as 0 not the 1% of the list price of the vehicle I would expect. Any advice or guidance appreciated! Thanks in advance Claire
Posted Mon, 20 Jun 2022 10:24:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If using HMRC business tax account - the form dont workout the benefit figures, you have to enter it in the box
cash equivalent or relevant amount - you can use this online calculator to work out the figures.

See link:

Calculate tax on employees' company cars    .

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 Jun 2022 10:55:32 GMT by Claire Ellis
That's great - thanks for getting back to me. Once a return has been submitted online - is it possible to amend the form? Thanks in advance Claire
Posted Tue, 21 Jun 2022 12:47:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
Amended P11Ds and P11D(b) forms cannot be completed online.
Paper forms would need to be completed and posted to HMRC.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.