Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Aug 2022 14:26:15 GMT by D Liu
Hiya, my father has a company in Hong Kong and he is the Managing Director of the company. The company neither has any business nor any presence in the UK . I have been working for that company and is also a director of it. I am now in the UK with BNO Visa. The company is still running in Hong Kong and I receives monthly salary from the company. Is it correct that I can operate PAYE by myself through DCNI scheme so as to pay my NI contribution?
Posted Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:55:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you are resident in the UK and employed by an overseas employer with no UK premise, then a DPNI scheme may be appropriate to report both tax and employee national insurance through payroll.
A DCNI is for reporting employee NIC only via paryoll and declaring your tax through Self Assessment.
You should contact the Employer Helpline on 0300 200 3200 for further advice. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.