Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 11 Oct 2022 19:53:15 GMT by chell66
We have an issue where 2 employees have been issued a P11D for 21/22 when the car was returned in 20/21. The 20/21 P11D was correct and showed the date but payroll system had not been corrected properly as the entity was in a mess when we inherited it. We have, as we have always done amended payroll system to remove the P11D and sent a letter to HMRC. HMRC are advising my letter is not sufficient and I need to submit a P11D by the normal process via our payroll system however we cannot do this i.e. the payroll system will not let us do this. Could we just submit a blank P11D?
Posted Wed, 12 Oct 2022 16:31:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
To correct this please send the amendment on a paper form P11D,even if you submitted the original online.
Include all the expenses and benefits for the tax year, not just the ones you want to change.
To download the P11D from our website at - search for 'P11D'.
If you're reporting an amendment for a different tax year to the one on the P11D you need to write that you're using the form to correct an error made in a different year to the one printed on the form and write the correct tax year on the P11D.
You need to send a covering letter explaining the reason for the change and send an amended P11D(b) if they need to amend their Class 1A. 
Send the form to:
P11D & P11D(b)
HM Revenue and Customs
Tell any affected employee by letter showing the amendment and giving them a new P11D marked 'REPLACEMENT'.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.