Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 03 May 2022 14:48:09 GMT by Vedashree Pradyumna
Hi Team, I have been facing a problem from this month(April 2022) that the tax code is updated to a temporary tax code(BR). Previously the correct tax code was being used. When I contacted HMRC through phone call, they advised that the tax code is wrong but couldnt change it online because they werent able to download my records from the database. Is there any way this could be corrected ? Or get the profile updated online, so that I can call up HMRC and enquire about the right tax code ? Appreciate your help with the same. Regards, Veda
Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 14:39:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If your employer has received a new tax code, and we advised that we were unable to see the employer on your record, you would need to check that your employer has submitted all your details correctly, as this could have caused a temporary record to be opened which is not linked to your National Insurance Number.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.