Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Jun 2022 13:41:05 GMT by Karl F
Hi, I am registered as a director of a LTD. I don't have a UK National Insurance number (NIN) and I'm from Germany. The HMRC website says I must live in the UK to get a NIN. But I need to have a NIN because I need to register as an employer (I'm the only employee in the Ltd). What should I do. Unfortunately, I don't get a NIN because I don't have the qualification "You can apply for a National Insurance number if you live in the UK and have the right to work in the UK". Here is the page: Does anyone have a good idea? Is there an online service to apply for a NIN for directors living abroad? Best regards
Posted Thu, 09 Jun 2022 16:56:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
To enquire about applying for a national insurance number please call the National Insurance Allocation Helpline on 0800 141 2079.
Where a director doesn't have a national insurance number because they are resident outside the UK and they need to register as an Employer for a PAYE scheme, they can call our Employer Helpline to complete the registration over the telephone.
The telephone number is 0300 200 3200.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.