Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:42:25 GMT by YK
Hi, I moved to UK and start working since 2019, the income tax and NI were deducted from my salary every month, the deductions are clearly shown in my payslips. However, when I login to my HMRC account, there is no any tax record and income record from 2019 until now. Both of them are showing £0.00. I called HMRC and one of the staff told me I have to ask my company to send the data again to HMRC, and I did so, my employer sent my salary information again to HMRC but there was nothing updated. My records is still empty. All my other personal data including my full name, employer name and NI number are correct, just my income & tax records are missing since 2019. I have reported to HMRC my issue in April from online form, the process showing it should be handled and finished in May. But now is August, my issue status is not started yet, no one is going to handle my case. What should I do now? Can anyone help me?
Posted Wed, 04 Aug 2021 09:30:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If we do not have the employment on record and the employer is using the correct information, you will need to send us a copy of your P60s for each year so that we can add the information to the record.

In your letter include any other addresses or spellings of your name that your employer may have held for you so that we can try and trace if the employment details are on another record.

Also see link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 13 Nov 2021 23:55:40 GMT by RAJKUMAR REDDY ALGUVELLY
Hi I have the same issue which I noticed recently. Can you please send me the address where I have to post my P60 form. Kind regards 
Posted Mon, 15 Nov 2021 11:12:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

PAYE and SA address is -          
Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs
United Kingdom .

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2022 00:13:33 GMT by YK
I post my p60 records in Nov and waited for more than 3 months but there is no reply and no change. Have already confused by this issue for more than 1 year but still cannot fix. What should I do?
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:36:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi YK,

I would contact our Income Tax department for an update:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 23 Feb 2022 10:05:22 GMT by Sachin Gupta
Hi, I too have the same issue. I came to UK in start 2018, for first year I filled self declaration tax as it was mid for financial year 2017-2018. Subsequently I talked to HMRC and they said I need not file self declaration tax if I dont have any income other than my company. But now I am finding no tax history from 2018 onwards, though my company deduct my tax regularly. I have sent a letter with all the P60s to HMRC and I am not sure when it will be dealt with. I have to apply for ILR at the end of this year, may I know how can I get it corrected soon? Thanks in advace. regards Sachin
Posted Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:06:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 26

If you have sent your P60s, we will check our systems to see if the information is held on a temporary record and ensure that the information is transferred to your National Insurance number.

You can contact our Income Tax department for an update here:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Tue, 19 Apr 2022 09:52:43 GMT by Yanitsa Terzieva
Hello. I have a similar problem. I came to the United Kingdom in 2020, in August of the same year I started working with a temporary insurance number. And so until February 2021, when I took the official insurance number. But there are no records from August 2020 to February 2021. I wrote letters to HMRC with attached evidence. The name of the old company (my first job here) was on the record with a contribution of 0.00 pounds, now it is not there at all. Will anyone explain to me what's going on? Will the data from the two insurance numbers be combined? Will this company ever submit information about my work period to themWho should request this information from them? I last wrote to HMRC a year ago, the answer was that they are waiting for information. A year later, nothing. Thanks in advance Yanitsa Terzieva
Posted Mon, 25 Apr 2022 14:13:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

We would add any information submitted under your temporary insurance number to the record held under your correct National Insurance number.  The contribution information is taken from the payroll information submitted by your employer.  

However without looking at your record we are unable to see what action has been taken so far on your records or if we need additional information. You can call National Insurance helpline on 0300 200 3500 for an update. Or you can write to Individual Caseworker, National Insurance Contribution and Employer Office, HM revenue & Customs, BX9 1AN. If you have not already supplied evidence of the missing employment you should also include: 
  • All employer details - employers name and address, your staff/payroll number (if known) and the tax year the earnings are missing from.
  • Evidence of your earnings during the period for example pay slips, P45 or P60 certificates
  • Your personal details specifically your full name (with any previous name(s), date of birth, address, a contact number and your NINO
  • Your signature
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 26 May 2022 19:56:32 GMT by Jennifer Myers
Hello, I’ve worked full time in the uk since leaving school at 16 ( apart from some breaks for maternity) and always had tax and NI deducted from my payslips. When I log in to view my PAYE there’s only a record from 2018 not from 1999 when I turned 18. I can’t supply P60’s or payslips as I don’t have any from so long ago.
Posted Fri, 27 May 2022 12:09:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Jennifer Myers

If you contact our Income Tax department, we can check if there are any Temporary National Insurance numbers held, and if there are we can merge this into your correct National Insurance Number.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Sun, 26 Jun 2022 17:31:35 GMT by JD Guariglia
Hi. Hope you are well! I’m writing because there is a gap in my personal tax profile. There are currently no records of the income I earned with a company between 04/01/2021 and 10/03/2022. This was my first work experience in the UK. This is happening with both my Pay As You Earn records and my National Insurance contributions. I have already sent two envelopes to both offices with a letter stating my situation and copies of all my payslips, my P60 and P45 with this company for tax years 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 to facilitate that this gets added to my records, but time has passed and I haven't received an update, so I don't know if my information is getting processed. What can I do? Thank you. Best,
Posted Tue, 28 Jun 2022 13:47:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

If you have not received a response then you will need to contact our Income Tax department to check if they have been reviewed. 

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 02 Sep 2022 23:41:23 GMT by tjholden
Hi, I have been paying tax and ni on a job since June 2022. Is there a reason why it might not show on my personal tax account
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 15:30:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi tjholden,

You will need to contact our Income Tax helpline to check the employment is on our records, if the details for you sent by the employer did not match our records, the employment may have been allocated to a Temporary NINO.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.