Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:58:38 GMT by Aurelie Jeanne
Hi. My pension forecast report states that I have 20 qualifying years but it is only showing 17 full years. I am trying to retrieve the missing years as these are from I was on a temporary national insurance number from 2002 to 2005. I don't have this number any more and have lost my payslips. I tried to ring the Future Pension centre and HMRC but after being on hold for several hours I am not getting through to anyone. How can I get written confirmation that I have 20 qualifying years and how can I get my report to be updated with full years showing for 2002-2005? Is there an email address I could write to? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2023 14:14:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Aurelie Jeanne, 

You will need to write into the National Insurance Team:

Individual Caseworker
PT Operations North East England
HM Revenue & Customs
BX9 1AN 

Please provide evidence of paid NICs during the period in question, you can send copies of P60’s for each tax year, payslips or a letter from your employer.

 We do not need the original documents.  

If you do not have evidence please provide as much information as possible including full name and address of the employer, your payroll number, exact dates of employment, any previous names and the temporary National Insurance Number that was used.

Our Individual Caseworkers will investigate and confirm the outcome.

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.