Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Aug 2022 20:52:36 GMT by Ka Fai Poon
Hi, I migrated to UK on 22 Jul 2021, have started the full time Job in UK on 03 Aug 2021. I have gone thru SRT, which I should fulfill Case 5: Starting full-time work in the UK. However, I am having PAYE, taxes are being counted and paid. How can apply Split Year Treatment for 2021-2022 ? Appreciated your earliest reply. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 07 Sep 2022 07:32:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

UK companies must deduct PAYE tax and National Insurance contributions from all employees who come to work in the UK from abroad.

To claim split year treatment, please provide the relevant information in the 'Residence, remittance basis etc' pages (SA109) of your Self Assessment tax return.                                  

RDR3 Statutory Residence Test

Thank you.                        

You must be signed in to post in this forum.