Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Feb 2022 00:11:12 GMT by YK
Hi HMRC, I started to work in the UK since 2019 but all My PAYE and NI records are not found when I sign in to my HMRC account. I found my employer name is wrong and I would like to update it, however I submitted the request via online form, also I tried to call and post to HMRC, but no one can solve my problem. When I submitted from online, I waited for months and the status changed to “Done”, but actually nothing is changed in my account. I tried to call multiple times, wait for hours and got the answer that I should post my P60 to HMRC office. I then posted my P60 and salary payslips to HMRC office, and waited for nearly half year, still no reply. I have requested the update for almost one year, I have paid the the full tax in these two and half years but there are no any records. Is there any one who can really help me?
Posted Thu, 10 Feb 2022 12:32:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi YK

Our post is taking longer to process currently, however it would be our Income Tax department that would deal with this.
If your employment details are held on a temporary record, we would merge them into your correct record.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 16 Feb 2022 10:05:50 GMT by Antonio Maldonado Barragan
Dear HMRC, I can not find anything about my PAYE and NI records in my Personal Tax Account. I have realized that in P60, the employer wrote my surname wrong (just a misspelling). Could be that the reason? How could I change that as soon as possible?. I am unemployed and need to apply for a Tax refund. Thank you very much for your help
Posted Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:25:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

If your details were incorrect, this could have created a temporary record, if you contact our income tax department and advise the name was incorrect on the P60, we may be able to find the record and get the information transferred into your correct NINO which would then update the Personal Tax Account.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

Posted Tue, 03 Jan 2023 10:50:29 GMT by R R
Hi YK, please can you share if your issue was eventually resolved? I am facing the same issue - been employed since 2018, with all PAYE tax and NI contributions incorrectly allocated to a temporary NINO. Its been 7 months since HMRC have raised a request to merge my records, but no updates. And every time I call HMRC, they advise a new SLA. I can't log in online. I can't apply for my ILR. I can't change jobs. I am truly in a horrible situation with absolutely no idea how long this might take to resolve. HMRC on call keep advising that they have raised a referral from their end and have no idea what is causing the delay. Then who would have an idea? So at this point I am trying to ask fellow sufferers for some indication of how long it took to resolve?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.