Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:02:01 GMT by Anitap
Hi, can anyone point me to the link for the Webchat please? To contact HMRC regarding PAYE it says to call or use the webchat if not urgent, but I can't find a link anywhere!! thanks :)
Posted Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:59:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Anitap,

You can access it here:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 10:24:11 GMT by Anitap
Thanks for your reply, but there is no link to the webchat from that page?
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:11:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

After checking the webchat service is currently on hold, you would need to try and call or helpline or contact by post.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 17 Jan 2022 12:27:01 GMT by Anitap
ok, thanks for checking
Posted Mon, 18 Jul 2022 11:42:36 GMT by Renato Pacetti
Good afternoon I worked as a temporary for three weeks in May, but the employer paid me for just two weeks. I have been in contact with HR, who said they have gone to look at the case, but now after three weeks of no reply, I sent an email but again, no reply. What can I do ? Regards. 
Posted Wed, 20 Jul 2022 14:24:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Renato Pacetti
If you are unhappy with the response being provided by the employer you may need to contact Acas to get some advice:
Pay and work rights helpline and complaints
Posted Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:35:18 GMT by Georgia Middleton
Hi, I’m 20 years old & in My second year of my apprenticeship, I haven’t completed my course yet but I’m 21 next month & I’ve seen online that my pay should’ve gone up to minimum wage, can someone tell me if this is correct or if it’s only when I have completed my course, thanks.
Posted Tue, 27 Sep 2022 12:43:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Georgia Middleton,

All workers engaged under a contract of apprenticeship, or treated as employed under a contract of apprenticeship qualify for National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate, at either;
  • The rate for apprentices - if they are under 19 years of age or if they are over 19 and in the first year of their apprenticeship.
  • The rate applicable to their age band - if they are over 19 and have completed the first year of their apprenticeship.
This means that once an apprentice aged 19 or over has completed the first year of their apprenticeship, they must be paid the NMW rate for their age from the first day of the pay reference period that begins on or after their 19th birthday or completion of the first year of their apprenticeship. 

You can find more information on NMW rates here:

National Minimum Wage and National Living Wage rates

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 21 Nov 2022 09:28:55 GMT by Evelina Alexandrescu
HI! I started working in the UK on November 2020 and left on November 2021.On my personal tax account it says there’s no records of me being employed and when I check my NI contributions it says “0”.Is something I can do to change this?
Posted Wed, 23 Nov 2022 14:17:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You can send us a letter confirming the following information to the address below and we can check your records.
  • your name
  • address
  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number
  • a copy of your P60 or final payslip for the tax year 2020-2021
  • a copy of your P45 or final payslip for the tax year 2021-2022

Individual Caseworker Section
National Insurance Contributions and Employer Office
HM Revenue & Customs

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 02 Dec 2022 10:52:16 GMT by Beata Janisz
Hello, I need help with my tax overpayment refund for year 2020/2021. a few months ago I applied online from my self assessment account for tax repayment for the year 2020/2021 and I still have no refund on my bank account. How long does the refund take?l got last self assessment statement at 27 November but there is no information about my overpaid tax. And l paid twice as much as.l should have. What should l do in this situation, still waiting?thank you
Posted Tue, 06 Dec 2022 09:25:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Please contact our Self Assessment team as the repayment may have been stopped for checks or the request has not gone through.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 15:04:35 GMT by sidneyworm
My husband and I are retiring early having a small amount of money from the sale of my parents home. I am advised that I may be able to reclaim income tax paid this year once I stop work. Is this correct and how do I do this please. I claim my old works pensions (amounting to around £4,000 a year) on which I currently pay 20% tax. Will this tax no longer be deducted if I don't have an income any more. Thanks. Any point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Fri, 20 Jan 2023 13:50:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi sidneyworm,

Once you have stopped working your tax code can be updated to transfer your Personal Allowance against the pension.

If you contact us once you have received your P45 from your employer,  we can review and  update your tax code and advise regarding any refund due.

Contact details here: Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

Posted Tue, 24 Jan 2023 10:15:01 GMT by ranger88 davies
I am having trouble logging in through a self assessment account which was set up in Dec 2021, I went to log in yesterday and it is saying it is not working. I have since set up a personal tax account and want to add self employed but it will not allow me. I have a tax return to complete like everyone by 31.01.23 and am worried I wont be able to file it. I was self employed part way through the year and employed for part of the year also. Can anyone help me please as it will not allow me to set up a self employed account
Posted Fri, 27 Jan 2023 12:27:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi ranger88 davies,

If you have a UTR, please go to:

Sign in using Government Gateway

Select 'Government Gateway' to login with your User ID and password, select 'enrol for service' at the side of Self Assessment on the "Services you can add" page.

Enter your UTR and postcode instead of your National Insurance number as there may be an error in the NINO online.

You should then get a message advising that an activation code has been issued.

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 10:25:14 GMT by 69 54 79 22 97 68
Hi, I've moved to Poland in 2022. I need to prove to the local tax authorities that I was UK Resident in 2019-2021. Could anyone help me to understand how to get that certificate? I was employed full-time and regularly paying taxes in UK.
Posted Wed, 29 Mar 2023 16:14:29 GMT by Vickyfergie Ferguson
Hi I’m trying to get through on phone to no avail. I have been getting my wage garnished as hmrc believe I haven’t paid enough tax. I believe this is because I was working through an agency for a company but the company claimed I worked for them at the same time. I did not but they paid me and I paid that back to them but this means I have been getting taxed unfairly. What do I do
Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 14:49:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Please refer to guidance at :

How to apply for a certificate of residence to claim tax relief abroad    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.