Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Apr 2023 14:45:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Vickyfergie,

If you have signed up for the Personal Tax Account, you can see the Pay & Tax details we have.

You will need to contact our helpline again to discuss this:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 14 Apr 2023 15:43:15 GMT by LOK TIM WONG
The Tax code my employer gave me not matching the one government gateway gave me, what to do?
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 11:40:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If you contact our helpline we can reissue the tax code:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 15:52:41 GMT by Constantin Bacita
Hi, I would like to change my address but I can’t do that online in my account, what should I do ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 15:53:07 GMT by Mirela Bacita
Hello, I tried several times online to change my main address, but after I change it, it is not saved. I called the phone but no one answered. How could I do this?? Thank you,
Posted Wed, 19 Apr 2023 16:20:36 GMT by Anitap
Moderators can you close this post or delete it? It seems to have become a general questions thread with irrelevant responses, thanks.
Posted Mon, 24 Apr 2023 07:30:59 GMT by Desrie Scott
Hi, I have received a self assessment tax return. I have been employed since 2019 full time, which my salary is processed by the organisation. I am not self employed. I receive these letters every year Can this be investigated and update your records. Thank you
Posted Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:22:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mirela Bacita,

If you have been unable to do this online, you will need to contact our Income Tax team:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 26 Apr 2023 13:24:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Constantin Bacita,

This link should take you directly to this after you sign in:

Tell HMRC when you change your address

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 15:08:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Desrie,

You do not need to be self employed to complete a tax return as even under PAYE you may need one.

See guidance at:

Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 08:50:27 GMT by Andrewsw
I've recived letter from hmrc self assesment statement to pay. my utr number is different than in that letter. I've checked my hmrc account and there is nothink to pay. My initials are wrong too in the letter. under my initials is written DEC'D. try contacting hmrc over the phone but no answer. what yo do?
Posted Fri, 05 May 2023 10:31:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Andrewsw

Keep trying to get through to our helpline or write to us here

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 13:33:32 GMT by LilianaAbreu
Hi there, I would like to know my tax return status... please Thank you..
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 10:25:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi LilianaAbreu,

We are unable to view your record to advise. You will need to contact the HMRC department the refund would be from the details here  Contact HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 16:15:26 GMT by Natalia Engler
Hi, I got a cheque from HMRC for tax repayment. The cheque has been sent to my old adress and under my name. I dont live in the UK anymore. How can i finalize the cheque? How can i nominee a trust person who has my cheque and lives there to get my money for me?
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 13:44:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Natalia Engler,

You can, you need to provide their details in writing please see Income Tax: general enquiries for address details.

Thank you.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 16:07:00 GMT by 007
Hello. I am a European student studying in the UK and would like to bring a car registered in Greece with Greek license plates and insurance here to assist me with commuting. I am reading on the HMRC website that you are able to do so for six months and in case you are a student you can for more than six months. Can I fill in a customs relief form to claim this benefit? I am here with my pre-settlement status. Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.