Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2022 07:55:13 GMT by Macintosh
I'm trying to run our new company's first payroll this week. I received our Employer PAYE reference and accounts office reference in the post and added these to our accounting software. After performing the pay run, I got an authentication error when the software attempted to submit RTI to HMRC. After some searching online it appears that this may be due to not 'activating' the online tax yet, however we've not received any activation codes in the post still. Slightly annoyed, as all of the references and documentation suggest that you only need the PAYE reference and accounts office reference to run payroll. Anyway, my question is: I need to pay my employees today, but can't get the accounting software to submit the RTI to HMRC. Can I just pay the employees and then submit the RTI/FPS once my activation code arrives? Also, is there a manual way of submitting the FPS to HMRC? I have all the payroll details, we just can't seem to get the automated software to submit it. Many thanks.
Posted Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:53:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
You can pay the employees and then submit the FPS to HMRC once you have your activiation codes.
You may have to tick a box to give a reason for the late submission.
Thankyou.
Regards.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.