Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 26 Jan 2023 15:31:20 GMT by John Waugh
Hello I am trying to submit a form for claiming back SMP. On the form it askes for the start date of the business. The Business is a Church and its been going for over 150 years. I've no idea what the start date would be. What do I put on the form? John
Posted Mon, 30 Jan 2023 15:18:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If this is an advanced funding claim, then the start date would the start date of the PAYE scheme.
If it is just claim the SMP back from HMRC you will need to send FPS to report the payment and an EPS to show the payment of SMP.
HMRC will then credit your scheme with this money.
You can then offset your future liabilities to this amount.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.