Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:16:29 GMT by Oakdene
Our payroll software pro-rata'd the P11d value that our healthcare provider had given us. The only thing was, as the healthcare started mid-year, the figures given to us were for the part of the year the benefit had been provided for. So we have under reported the value of the benefit. Could someone please help advise? Thanks
Posted Wed, 15 Feb 2023 15:16:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you need to send an amendment you need to send the amendment on a paper form P11D - even if you submitted the original online.
Include all the expenses and benefits for the tax year, not just the ones you want to change.
To download the P11D from our website at - search for 'P11D'
If you're reporting an amendment for a different tax year to the one on the P11D you need to write that you're using the form to correct an error made in a different year to the one printed on the form and the correct tax year on the P11D.
You also need to:
 - send a covering letter explaining the reason for the change.
 - send an amended P11D(b) if you need to amend their Class 1A return.
Send the form to:
P11D & P11D(b)
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1WE.
Tell any affected employee by letter showing the amendment and giving them a new P11D marked 'REPLACEMENT'.
You can get more information online at:
Expenses and benefits for employers

You must be signed in to post in this forum.