Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Jan 2023 15:59:07 GMT by stelios1983
Hello, I have been asked to submit a tax residency certificate to the Greek tax authorities, to prove I am a resident in the UK. I checked the procedure online, but I have trouble completing the form. My situation is the following: I am resident in the UK, but being an remote employee of a Belgian university, I am paid a salary in Euros in a Belgian bank, but declare all of this income in the UK. The form to get a tax residency certificate asks me to submit a sum for foreign income obtained, but does that mean: net or gross income in GBP from my Belgian employer? Or something else? I do not receive any income from Greece. Further, the form asks which article of the Greece-UK Double Taxation Agreement covers the income in this request? I have no idea about this either. Finally, I just want to show the Greek authorities that I am indeed a UK resident, so I am not sure what duration the CoR should cover either. In any case, any help would be greatly appreciated! All the best, S.
Posted Fri, 13 Jan 2023 12:37:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi stelios1983,

The question on foreign income will refer to income you receive from Greece. Article 4 is normally the one that covers this.
You will apply for the certificate but as you have no income from Greece, it will be a letter of confirmation that will be issued to you.
The period in question will be on the request that the Greek authorities sent you and it is normally a calendar year.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.