Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 21 Oct 2022 00:33:12 GMT by deep trouble
I received some shares through a RSU scheme (UK citizen working for US company). When the shares vested, half were sold to pay for the tax (45% + 2%NI) while the remaining shares were deposited as income. This income shows up on my P60 but the tax paid doesn’t (its around 58K). Where do I put the tax I paid on my self assessment? There is a section in Foreign income, but it asks for tax paid and taxable income. What should the taxable income be filled as? I feel like I am being double taxed on the remaining RSU that was saved as income because it shows up on P60, in addition to already paying the tax when the shares vested. Many thanks in advance
Posted Fri, 04 Nov 2022 11:12:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As the shares are received by virtue of the employment, they are charged to PAYE Income Tax on receipt. They are reported on SA102 employment supplementary page.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.